My "Goat Lady" (Jennifer) takes such good care of me.
|(doesn't she just have the most beautiful smile!)|
She brings me a ziplock baggy with these little white gelatinous balls. I was to take these and put them in the milk, cover the jar with cheese cloth, and leave it on the counter for a day or two, then drain the kefir balls out of the liquid, and it was ok if I accidentally ate one. They are good for you! I was smiling, but the part about leaving it on the counter and then drinking it a day later kind of got caught in my throat. But that is silly. It is just a mental problem. I buy this stuff in the store and I eat it and I am sure they have to 'grow' (eeew!) it the same way.
I do as I am told and set it on my counter. It gives me the hebegebes when I look at it.
It had coated my tongue, and the vapors were coming up my throat! I felt totally grossed out. So much for my health, I drank a diet coke, and then ate potato chips to try and get rid of the taste. I kept belching. It tasted like I was burping up an old wet sweater!
So the kefir sat on the counter and I couldn't bear to drink it. It kind of smelled like yeasty feet.
I have decided that for now I will continue to buy my yogurt at the store, and I am going to make chocolate ice cream with my goat milk! I will let you know how it goes after I go buy the ice cream maker. I wonder if I can make a flavor of ice cream called "Chocolate Chip Old Wool Sweater"?